Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Dec 2009 17:05:28 +0100
This feature has been enhanced in 16.0 and we now use it in-house for Yahoo and RoadRunner. No code changes were required to support these ISPs, but of course there is no way to know what other ISPs will do in the future. Anyway, you can safely add more ISPs to the list, but please note that it is a space-separated list:

	SPAM_FEEDBACK_PROBE="AOL.COM AIM.COM NETSCAPE.NET"

AOL have relaxed their previous requirement and no longer expect content providers to filter users for life on the first spam report, so on the servers that I manage, I no longer serve users off when I receive a spam complaint. I just delete them from all lists (as before) and use a 16.0 feature to block all further non-administrative deliveries (list postings and DISTRIBUTE jobs) while allowing LISTSERV to respond to commands normally and allow logins via the web interface. I have list owners that read their mail at AOL and keep accidentally reporting mail from their own list as spam :-), and they greatly appreciate the ability to at least keep using the web interface and not be totally blackholed like before. Feedback loops are a "work in progress" though, as more and more ISPs join but not always on the same terms as previous ISPs. For instance, Yahoo requires a DomainKeys signature for inclusion in the feedback loop.

  Eric