Philip Kizer <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 17:06:33 -0500
I have searched all of the manuals and only in the Site Manager's manual in
the Section "5.3 Files used by Listserv" do I find .jobh and .error:
  <http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8d/sitemgr/sitemgr.html#5.3>:

  .ERROR      LISTSERV generates an .ERROR file in the spool when it
              encounters an error in a JOB file. These can be viewed
              with the jobview utility and are important for tracing
              certain errors back.

  .JOBH       Held .JOB files. Such files are either being processed
              by LISTSERV (and are thus locked) or have generated an
              error message. These can also be viewed with the jobview
              utility.

Great, so I can view them.  Right now, we have about 100 (jobh and error
combined) files in our spool directory, and I do not see anything in the
manual that tells us how to handle them.  What do I do with them?

Is there a recommended procedure?

Lastly, I am operating on too little information, but has anyone seen
what appears to be jobs being resurrected that are long past?  We recently
had several lists and owner jobs that were completed months ago (February),
and the jobs were acted on and distributed properly back at that time, but
they were again re-distributed 2 weeks ago causing a bit of confusion and
concern.  From comparing the sendmail and listserv log files, no mail came
in 2 weeks ago via sendmail that generated the listserv "duplication" from
6+ months ago, and I did see the outgoing logs in both listserv and
sendamil.  Are there any pointers for what else to look for on debugging
that one?

Thanks,
philip

--
Philip Kizer,
USENIX Liaison to Texas A&M University                  <[log in to unmask]>