David Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 16:05:37 -0400
I verified the problem is exactly what was suggested, evidenced by detailed
logging:

16:12:25 mail.MYISP.COM(  3) <<< MAIL FROM:<> BODY=8BITMIME SIZE=1156
16:12:26 mail.MYISP.COM(  3) >>> 501 bogus mail from

Assuming I have no hope of convincing MYISP.COM of fixing this problem, is there
any way to modify LISTSERV's behavior so that it does not use an empty MAIL FROM
string? I'm not sure why it is doing it in the first place, and why L-Soft
defends its use. Why doesn't it just put listserv's address in there?

Is this problem perhaps fixed in 1.8e, which I have not yet installed?

--
Dave