John Ryder <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 14:17:09 -0500
One of our List owners recently started getting a copy of the new
subscriber welcome message; and also the farewell message. (She also gets
the standard two line message from Listserv saying "this person was added
to the list".)

This problem seemed to start when the owner sent a subscribe command, by
mistake, to add someone instead of the add command.  Her name field was
changed to the email address of the person she was adding.  A register
command with the proper name field for her fixed things, but then Listserv
started adding a "CC:" for her when it sent the welcome message out.

Any idea what happened here and how I turn off this "CC:" setting for the
list owner? Her list is open/public. Thanks in advance. See samples
below.

John Ryder, Computing and Information Technology, University of Vermont
        [log in to unmask], 802-656-1183