Michael Gettes <CCMRG@BOSTONU>
Wed, 29 Jul 87 10:34:04 EDT
Well. lots of talk these days. Maybe the NewsGroup tag is not any good.
The point that I was trying to make is that we might want to consider
pointing the listserv Sender: field to a human list maintainer. RFC822
was quoted - and the copy I have also states - that the sender field
should be used for reporting problems. Whatever scheme we decide to
use - for field name selection - I really don't care - as long as we
are able to start returning bad mail.
And it was rather eloquently put that (paraphrased) Software that
does not follow the RFC822 specs should not prevent us from
moving forward. I am praying for some open mindedness here.
Maybe a new tag called listserv-list:?
Eric, please do not blast me for that - I am just groping for an answer.

            - Michael Gettes, Boston University