Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 15:15:24 -0500
>I forgot to mention that. Sorry. It is Intel NT & it is seen when I try to
>start SMTP Listener (SMTP start).
>Doug
[. . .]
>  >After installing Listserv Classic 1.d and executing the SMTP listener
>>program, I get the following error :
>>
>  >Cannot Bind to Local Host, port 25: error 10048

Basically this means that the SMTP Listener can't use port 25 to
listen for incoming mail (port 25 is the port used for SMTP
transactions).  This generally means that some other program is using
port 25.  For instance if you have Microsoft Exchange installed on
your LISTSERV installation it will generally grab port 25 and the
SMTP listener will not be able to accept incoming mail for LISTSERV.

Do you also have LSMTP installed on the machine?

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support
L-Soft international, Inc