Al Lilianstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:15:46 -0600

It turns out the problem was too many files in the listserv\main directory. Not too many lists.

We enabled content_filter a while back - moderating any message that our spam tagging system designated as spam. Most of the list owners were just ignoring the messages about approval so the .OK files were just hanging around. 29000 of them. Moved those that were definitely for spam email out of the way and the web interface started acting a lot more like it should. Still a little slow but a huge improvement.

        al

--

Al Lilianstrom
CD/LSC/CSI/CSG