F J Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 11 Jul 2013 14:54:41 +0000
Hi,
One of our groups on campus would like to have machine-generated messages accepted on a list for distribution to their group.  Most would be error reports.  Rather than subscribe all the possible senders, I had thought I could specify a fairly generic domain that could post to the list ( Send = *@*.cc.uga.edu ), but nothing in the manual even hints this is acceptable.  It is possible to enumerate all the possible machines ( not by me ... I'd just write a pgm to do it), so that would probably resolve the issue until they add/remove machines, though it is less desirable.  (I've suggested making the list "public" would resolve the posting problem, but they seem concerned about that)

The next issue would be identical or nearly identical messages sent by the machines.  I'm concerned here about the "duplicate post"  error.  It occurs to me that (many?) others have probably encountered the same and I was wondering how it had been resolved.

Thanks,
--Joe