UB Listserv Administrator <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:15:01 -0500
Stan,

One thing I have noticed lately is that viruses are becoming smarter in
distributing themselves and hiding their origin. Some of the latest will
take two random addresses from an addressbook, and use one to send "To:"
and one to set the "From:". And if that isn't enough, they can also grab
any addresses saved in web browser cache and use those too. You seem to
assume that whomever sent the virus had malicious intent, but I think the
greater possibility is that this is occuring without the owner of the
infected computer even knowing about it. Especially if it is an AOL user. ;)
It would only be a matter of time before the right combination of addresses
would come up and look exactly as you describe.

Just another possibility to consider.

-Jim

--
Jim Serwinowski                 [log in to unmask]
UB Listserv Administrator       http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu