Wed, 18 Aug 1993 11:58:09 CST
I'm not sure if this is an illegal use of Bitnet, but thought I'd let
everyone be aware of the following note one of our users received here.
I've X'd out the actual 900-number since someone on this list suggested
that when a similar situation as this occurred some time ago.  We do not
plan any further action on this since we're not really sure what to do,
or if this is really a Bitnet violation.  Anyway, here's the note...

>Date:         Mon, 16 Aug 1993 20:34:47 UTC
>Sender:       IBM Networking <[log in to unmask]>
>From:         Intro-Line Phone Svcs <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      ** MEET 100's OF WOMEN & MEN! **
>Comments: To: [log in to unmask]
>To:           Multiple recipients of list IBM-NETS <[log in to unmask]>
>
>                         MAKE a LOVE connection NOW!
>
>        Here's how YOU can be a part of INTRO-LINE, an amazing new
>        way to meet 100's of people from your area (or from any area
>        you want) for fun, hobbies, pen-pals, phone calls, romance,
>        dating, and MORE!
>
>        On your first call you'll be able to make contact with people
>        who share similar interests, or who are looking for the same
>        thing you are.  You can exchange phone numbers, or you can
>        leave private messages.  You'll want to call back regularly
>        to listen to the private messages others will be leaving
>        for you.
>
>                     CALL 1-900-xxx-xxxx, ext xxx NOW!
>
>        Don't miss your chance to participate in this amazing system!
>        People from all over the US & Canada are waiting to hear from YOU!
>        Special price, this week only $2, 18 and over please.
>
>     1-900-xxx-xxxx, ext xxx  18+ yrs  Avalon Comm  $2/min  Ft Lauderdale
>To find out more about the anon service, send mail to [log in to unmask]
>Due to the double-blind, any mail replies to this message will be anonymized,
>and an anonymous id will be allocated automatically. You have been warned.
>Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to [log in to unmask]

Adam Floro
Systems Programmer
Information Technology                     Phone:  (618) 453-6238
Southern Illinois University               Fax:    (618) 453-5261
Carbondale, IL 62901                       E-mail: [log in to unmask]