Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 11:03:17 -0500
On: Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 10:01:33AM -0500,Bret Hilton Wrote:

} Dear Site Managers,
}
} One of my list owners is asking how to deal with the following LISTSERV error
} message. There appears to be some kind of safety feature in LISTSERV that is
} keeping legitimate replies from making it to the list. I looked at the
} 'Loopcheck' keyword, but was scared away by the doomsday disclaimer and I'm not

[...]

} The enclosed message, found in the [LISTNAME] mailbox and shown under the spool
} ID 25545 in the system log, has  been identified as a possible delivery error
} notice  for the  following reason:  "Sender:", "From:" or "Reply-To:"  field
} pointing to the list has been found in mail body.

This has nothing to do with loopcheck.  Its caused by someone replying
or forwarding a list post back to the list and not removing the headers.
If you read the error message it says EXACTLY what it is complaining
about.

Forwards from AOL often have this problem.  Here is a bit of boilerplate
I use in these cases: (If you use it, change the list names.)

Your post to the Siberian or Chinook list did not get there.

Because of some stupidity in the AOL mailer, you can not forward a list
posting back to the list as you tried.  Listserv sees it as an error
because of some extranious crap that AOL puts in and bounces it to me.

You must REPLY to a list posting (and make sure the address is the list,
not the original poster) to get it back to the list.

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone.   I speak for myself & my dogs only.     VM'er since CP-67