Jessica Rasku <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:05:11 -0700
On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Stan Ryckman wrote:

> > I don't want my users coming back from vacation and finding 50
> > "I'm on vacation" is not a valid command" messages in their
> > In-box.
>
> Why not?  Maybe that will help them learn not to use an idiotic
> vacation responder that doesn't remember who it replied to already.
> (And, from the sound of it, replies to entities it shouldn't.)

        I would agree with this.  I find it most annoying that some
vacation programs don't at the very least track addresses that they send
out to, and also, respond to messages that they really shouldn't.  I know
that *I* would learn far quicker if there were 50 messages in my mailbox,
than if there were 5.  Also, what about cases where someone may be
confused and send a message like:

Hi, I'd like to subscribe to your list
I think what you are talking about is really coool
so please add me to your list.
Oh, and by the way, I haven't found any other place
discussing this, so if you have any other resources
I'd really appreciate it.

        This person would be served off, for that message, or at the very
least two like that.  I know that this clueless user probably should be
served off also, but why make it so easy for it to happen...

                                                        Jessica

--
Jessica Rasku, Box 270, Rossland, B.C., V0G 1Y0, (250) 362-5701,
LinuxBox: (250) 362-9668.

List manager: [log in to unmask]
     send command help ---- To get help with majordomo
               or lists ---- To get a list of all lists on server.