"Cichowicz.Casey" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 11:58:25 -0500
Hello -

I've got a question about the RENEW/NORENEW setting for individual
users.  My problem is that someone on a list keeps getting kicked off,
apparently because of a flaky mail server (though I'd be curious if
anyone could suggest other possibilities, too) and I want to prevent
that for this user.  I know I could change the Auto-Delete setting for
the entire list, but I really want to just exempt this user.
Looking at the setting in the web interface, I see "User is exempt from
renewal/probing" as the description for NORENEW.  But the user manual at
Lsoft doesn't suggest anything about probing -- it says "Enables or
disables subscription renewal confirmation on an individual subscriber
basis. Setting a subscription to NORENEW is particularly useful for
exempting list owners, redistribution lists, and other subscriptions
which should not or must not receive the confirmation request message
from the renewal process."
So the question is, will setting a user to NORENEW really exempt them
from probing and getting kicked off for failures?
Thanks,
casey

Casey K. Cichowicz
Manager, United Way Online