Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 12:08:33 -0600
At 08:32 AM 8/17/97 -0400, Roger Burns wrote:
>Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> From private conversations with Mary, I don't think she'll be able to do
>> that.  Partly because of the medical problems she and her listmembers have.
>>  Partly for a bigger reason....politics.  There already ARE five newsgroups
>> (or more) on the topic.  But politics has gotten involved, and
>> personalities.  So "Mary's group" is not allowed to post to the existing
>> five moderated groups.
>I'm afraid you have been misinformed.  I am the founder and manager of the
>five gated groups that you refer to, and I'd hate to think that anyone

The last thing I want to do is get in any sort of disagreement between
individuals.  I just reported what I was told and DID attribute it to a
source.  End of it as far as I'm personally concerned.

>Unfortunately, illness does not automatically confer a saintly character
>on all of its victims, and so the spirit of "competition" can, sadly,
>prompt some people to seriously mischaracterize other groups that they are
>not the managers of.

Understand all that.  I'll make no further comments on this topic and will
leave whatever difficulties there may be between the two individuals to
them and them alone.

best to all

dan

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534