David Devereaux-Weber <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 21:05:33 -0500
Is anyone using Listserv 1.8d with sendmail 8.11.4?

I have attempted to use them together, and further, to use the sendmail
'genericstable' feature to map outgoing messages to different
addresses.  The  main name of the computer is 'cable.doit.wisc.edu', and
I'd like to put listserve into a different domain --
listserve.lists.scte.org.  Everything I have tried works as expected,
except messages from listserv have the username listserv munged to
[log in to unmask]  You will note that each of these letters is one
preceeding the corresponding letter in 'listserv'.

List messages have both the correct username and domain name -- this
munging apparently only happens when listproc 1.8d sends as 'listproc'.

Any thoughts as to the cause?

Dave

--
(from the cablemodem at home)