Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
"Hoag, Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Jun 2011 07:20:55 -0700
text/plain (1 lines)
Dave:

Can you be more specific about exactly what is "dropping" the message? Are you getting an error back from an SMTP server along the way? I don't administer LISTSERV here but in the 25 years since I started doing it I don't remember a problem exactly like this. However, there used to be problems with improper encoding and such but those were not caused by LISTSERV that I can recall. The exact error messages, codes, and/or log entries would probably be helpful.   marty

-----Original Message-----

From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Demeny, Dave

Sent: Friday, June 17, 2011 7:46 AM

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: error not processing messages

Greetings,

I wanted to know if anyone has had problems with messages not being sent because of some character within the message body causes the message to be dropped.  We have had from time to time messages that would not go through because of a dash "-" or even once the problem character was the dollar sign "$".  To get the message sent we have to go through the body line by line to find the character that is the problem and then replace it before the message can be sent.  Yesterday one staff member spent the day with 2 messages like this and I wanted to know if there is a fix we can implement to save staff time.

We have not had the problem since we moved to the newer version of Listserv (15.5) until yesterday so now I wanted to know if this is unique to our setup or a known problem.

Thanks,

Dave Demeny

Internet Architect

Department of Information Technology

Fairfax County Government

############################

To unsubscribe from the LSTSRV-L list:

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]

or click the following link:

http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1

############################

To unsubscribe from the LSTSRV-L list: