Mon, 31 Aug 1992 22:49:56 CDT
> The most current one is  that  MUMFORD.MIT.EDU  cannot  be  reached  from
> RICEVM1 for 3 days. I get a message to that extent from  RICEVM1. Then  I
> get another message that the mail will be saved for 5 days.

Interesting. I wasn't aware that we were generating such awful
stuff -- I'll have to look into this.

> Courtesy question: Do I complain to gate POSTMAST (in this case  RICEVM1)
> that the link is down or simply suck it up  until  someone  else  notices
> that you can't get there from here?

Send mail to postmaster, please. At 187,000+ pieces of mail a day,
it's hard to see individual problems. If you include a copy of
the bounced message, it's usually helpful.

David Boyes
postmaster, ricevm1.rice.edu