Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Sun, 26 Oct 1986 21:09 SET
  As I  write these lines  we have just had  two consecutive power  failures on
the 4341.  This has completely killed  the 3705. The 4341  and assorted devices
came back  up quite  easily after the  power came back,  but the  3705 strongly
refuses to  come back. Says  +12V is too  high and +5V is  too low. I  tried to
freeze his belly  to death by opening  the window next to it  (it usually works
pretty well) without  any effect. I checked that all  the internal switches are
ok, still no result. Curses. A 3705 looks like a 370/138 and is about as relia-
ble. We'll get a 3720 with the 4381, hopefully...

  Eric

PS: Alan, owners can  no longer mail to a list with  "Send= Editor" unless they
    are editors too :-)  I'll try to have 1.5c ready  next tuesday provided the
    local electricians solve the power problem *and* IBM resurrects the 3705...