Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 6 Nov 1994 12:39:27 EST
On Sun, 6 Nov 1994 09:02:20 EST Peter M. Weiss said:
>In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask] (Robert Carr
>Flanagan) says:
>
>>Does anyone know of a mailing list command that will return an indepth
>>description of a particular listserv?

(Peter's excellent response deleted--after all, you've seen it once!:)

You can also send an INFO <listname> command to LISTSERV.  If the list
is running on L-Soft's LISTSERV 1.8a and the list owner has stored a
<listname> MAILTPL with information about the list, LISTSERV will return
that information to you.  By default, LISTSERV will return the list
header and suggest that you contact the list owner(s) for more information.

I haven't seen many list owners avail themselves of this option, however...
someone please correct me if I'm wrong!  :)

Nathan