"Mike Friedman (510) 642-1410" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 31 Mar 1993 16:01:21 PST
It appears that recently LISTSERV mail has begun showing up with an NJE origin
user of 'OWNER-xx', where (apparently) 'xx' is the first two characters of the
list name.  I've seen this for some, but not all, lists to which I subscribe.

Today, one of our users complained about this, because he uses RDRLIST to view
the files in his reader and can't distinguish among different lists whose names
happen to begin with the same two characters.

I'm not subscribed to this list (not being a LISTSERV maintainer), so I assume
I've missed any discussion of this issue that may already have taken place
here.  But does anyone know if the change is going to be 'undone'?  Also, which
lists are likely to be affected?

Thanks.