Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:49:20 -0500
General users I believe can only issue INDEX against a list catalog, regardless of the GET FAC you have set.

But you should be able to put comments in that file -- as shown in the example in the manual, you preface them with asterisks:

*
* Files for the XYZ sub-project
*
XYZ.AGENDA
XYZ.BUDGET
XYZ.PROPOSAL-1
XYZ.PROPOSAL-2

and they show up in the INDEX output like this:

*
* Files for the XYZ sub-project
*
*                                       rec
* filename      filetype        GET PUT -fm lrecl nrecs date       time
  XYZ           AGENDA          ALL OWN V   22528     1 2006-02-09 21:30:10
  XYZ           BUDGET          ALL OWN V     345     1 2006-04-04 12:23:43
  XYZ           PROPOSAL-1      ALL OWN V    9486     1 2006-02-08 15:37:55
  XYZ           PROPOSAL-2      ALL OWN V    9903     1 2006-02-15 10:34:20

Nathan