Sanjay Kapur <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Sep 1992 01:43:38 EDT
I am just curious as to why the following message bounced to me (I am the list
owner) as an error report.

  Sanjay Kapur                        |Internet:    [log in to unmask]
  Systems Staff, Computing Services,  |Bitnet:      SKAPUR@USB
  State University of New York,       |SPAN/HEPnet: 44132::SKAPUR
  Stony Brook, NY 11794-2400          |Phone:(516)632-8029, FAX:(516)632-8046

The enclosed  mail file, found in  the ORACLE-L reader and  shown under the
spoolid 8651 in the console log, has been identified as a possible delivery
error notice for the following reason: mail  origin seems to be a mailer or
mail-daemon.

------------------------- Message in error (33 lines) -------------------------
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 92 17:19 GMT
From: "David M. Gardner"
Subject: Re: FRAGMENTING

	In an effort to help minimize fragmentation we have taken
	everything out of the SYSTEM tablelspace except SYSTEM and
	SYS tables.  We have seperate tablespaces for ROLLBACK and
	TEMPSPACE.  In addition we have a PUBLIC tablespace for
	general users and individual tablespaces for major applications.
	In this way we can drop and recreate a tablespace for an
	application that becomes fragmented and restore it.  The
	SYSTEM tablespace stays fairly contiguous since no one is
	messing around in it.  It was a lot of work to start with
	but has sure made my life a lot easier.  No more working
	on Christmas like last year.  Our database is about 3.5 Gig.

Dave Gardner
Corning Inc.
SP-DV-02-4
Corning NY 14831