Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:31:51 -0500
More on this problem.  Key is a sub-list that is Send= Editor,Hold.

So, [log in to unmask] has [log in to unmask] as a subscriber.
LIST2 is Send= Editor,Hold.

[log in to unmask], the owner, sends a note to LIST1.
This, in turn sends a note to LIST2.

NOW THE PROBLEM!!

Message is sent back to ****LIST1**** saying the the note for LIST2 has been forwarded to the moderator for approval.  This note is from [log in to unmask], which is all powerful, so it is posted to LIST1 and then send to LIST2 and we have a loop.

Seems like this moderator note should have gone back to [log in to unmask], not to LIST1.  That would have avoided the problem.  Can anyone think how to avoid this?  I'm surprised I havne't been bitten by this before.  Since we now have super lists,  perhaps we should disallow lists being subscribed to other lists, at least on the same server.
--
BE ALERT!!!!  (The world needs more lerts ...)

Bill Verity - 814-865-4758  Fax: 814-863-7049
215A Computer Building - Center for Academic Computing, Penn State University
At the office - on my Mac, of course ;-)