Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:30:11 -0500
(Please respond to the list, not to me directly.)

At 09:56 AM 4/28/2004 -0400, George Rakauskas wrote:
>To site.cfg I added
>
>LIST_EXITS = EXIT-NOCHANGE
>
>to the list, I added
>EXIT= EXIT-NOCHANGE

OK, then I assume you placed an EXIT-NOCHANGE.CMD file in \LISTSERV\MAIN
that actually calls the perl script?

The easiest way to debug what is happening is to run your tests with
LISTSERV running in interactive mode rather than as a service.  That way
you can see what happens when LISTSERV calls EXIT-NOCHANGE.CMD (standard
output does not get echoed to LISTSERV's log but when running in
interactive mode you can see anything that the script echoes to the console).

Alternately you could add rudimentary logging by simply redirecting command
output from EXIT-NOEXCHANGE.CMD to a text file.  I have done this sort of
thing in the past (with a REXXette, but it's going to be similar with a
perl script):

echo -------- >> log.file
time /t >> log.file
echo "exit called" >> log.file
type exit.input >> log.file
c:\util\rexx.exe c:\listserv\main\xyz.rexx
type exit.output >> log.file

I am not a perl guru so I do not really know how straightforward it is
going to be to port a unix perl script to Windows.  That may also be
causing part of the difficulty.

Nathan