Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 22:12:11 -0700
On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 15:41:55 -0500, "Gartner, James"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have a small question -- it seems that the "sent" date on mails from
>my listserv are not being set properly.  I am sending mail merge jobs
>out using 14.4, and when I see them in Outlook, in the header where it
>has the From:   To:, etc.,  the Sent: says "None".
>Is this a setting I can set in the listserv???

Showing an example of actual RFC822 message headers might be useful here.
I'm not aware of the Sent: header.  This may be a Microsoft-proprietary
header which of course LISTSERV would not be aware of.  The Date: header
(which is specified in RFC822) is supposed to represent the date of
composition of the message.  In LISTSERV MM messages this usually also
corresponds to the date the MM job was processed by LISTSERV, which is
effectively a "Sent:" date.