Adam Audette - Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 May 2000 10:20:35 -0700
At 08:49 AM 5/3/00 -0400, Daniel Durbin wrote:

 >We have run Listserv and LSMTP on NT for several years dating
back to the NT 3.5 era. Before that time the system ran on an IBM
mainframe under VM and used about 1/3 of an IBM 3090-600J, a
six-way multiprocessor. <

You raise some good points. I don't want to convey the impression
that we are hastening to escape NT simply because it's NT. This is
a major business move and one we've put a lot of thought into...

 >Looking at the logs for the year 2000 so far, I see zero (0)
boots for the Listserv machine and zero (0) boots for the LSMTP
mailer. Number of lists 2,373, 89,850 subscribers, daily traffic
224,511 deliveries (April 2000).<

I must admit that reading your post opened my eyes a bit. Still,
I'm inclined to believe that in the long run, Listserv operating on
a Linux machine will simply be more cost effective.

Either way, I am going to do some considerable research in the next
month. I've appreciated this helpful forum very much -- I
anticipate tapping into this "gold mine" again and again ;-)

My best,
Adam Audette