"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:02:00 -0400
Ben replied on LSTOWN-L, in part..
> >A   network   wide   spamming   alert    has   just   been   received   from
>
> This message is not sent to List Owners, but is sent to LISTSERV Server
> Adminstrators.  It cannot be 'turned off'.  Part of the responsibilities of a
> Server Admin is to deal with these and other adminstrative announcements.
> I do so with a mail filter rule in my mail client.

Perhaps I'm unintentionally neglecting some of my duties.  I've *never*
found one of these useful.  What procedure does LSoft suggest I take
with them?

There's already the content in the LISTSERV log, is there not?  If the
info is needed after the fact by some, maybe writing one-line entries
to a "listserv.spamlog" file would be *better*?

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith                       mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group - UNET                 University of Maine System
LISTSERV maintainer for http://lists.Maine.edu/