Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 May 2000 19:27:19 -0400
On Fri, 5 May 2000, Ryan Keil wrote:

> For those of us relatively new to running ListServ, and running it on a
> Solaris/Sparc box, would this "level" upgrade include downloading and
> reinstalling the common.tar.Z, or just the [os].tar.z?

According to lsoft, Both.  For solaris, those compiling lcmdx.c must
include the following options (you can add them to the compile line in the
Makefile):

# -- Which C compiler to use to compile the incoming mail interface?
CC=gcc -lsocket -lnsl

most network programs need those on solaris.  I only mention it because it
isn't documented in the install manual.

--Trish