Xander Jansen <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 13:46:47 +0100
On Sat, 24 Jan 2004, Peter DiCamillo wrote:

+ Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
+
+ >Use a Content-Transfer-Encoding: Quoted-Printable and use that to flag the
+ >trailing blanks.
+ Thanks, but that goes against the intent of the RFC, which is to
+ generate mail which looks normal when no decoding is done.  The RFC
+ is here: http://ietf.org/rfc/rfc2646.txt?number=2646 and it mentions
+ this when you scroll down to "Quoted-Printable".
+
+ I was hoping there may be some Distribute option which would keep the
+ lines intact.

Which version (on which platform) are your running? Three years ago Eric
made some fixes wrt trailing blanks but I'm not sure which of these fixes
made it to the main release. Basically trailing blanks are preserved
nowadays if a list is set to 'Translate=no' *and* there is no VM box
involved. As far as I know also Distribute jobs (when not on VM) should be
'trailing blank'-safe in the latest versions of LISTSERV.

Xander