nad Turgut Kalfaoglu <TURGUT@TREARN>
Wed, 22 Feb 89 15:17:36 GMT

>Hi,
>  I'm trying to find out how Listserv obtains mail sent to other userids.
>I.e:  This message is being sent to LSTSRV-L but Listserv processes it.
>Is this done by setting up certain userids to forward mail automatically
>or does a listserv account use a special cp command to perform rdr
>operations on certain accounts?   This information could be useful to
>a project I'm working on.    Thanks...
>                                       Pete

When a list is to be created, a dummy VM is created. It is just like a
regular VM account, but it needs no minidisks. I guess one actually could
log into a list's account, but it would be pretty useless..
So, listserv checks its dummy VMs readers once in a while, I believe the
default is every 3 mins (via "CP Q R listid" I would assume.) Anyway, if
any file is found there, it is transferred to LISTSERV, then processed..
Is this what you were asking?    -turgut