Listserv Manager <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 13:02:58 -0400
On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, A. Harry Williams wrote:

>The duplicates will get cleaned up at init time.  If you look at the
>the init log, you'll see something like
>
>SIGNUP files are being compressed...
>-> 92 entries removed.

I'm not sure what the init log is, or where it is (I don't see it in the
log directory). But a grep of the "regular" Listserv logs revealed
multiple messages saying something very similar for some (not all) of the
signup files:

LISTSERV-20050925.LOG:68264:25 Sep 2005 20:37:37 SIGNUP file number 3 is
being compressed...

Thanks, Harry. This still looks like it's going to take a VERY LONG TIME
to do, but I think I have a better handle on what's going on.