ListServ Administrator <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:04:48 -0500
I am having a problem which hopefully has an easy solution, but one which
I may be overlooking.

I received the error:

An error occurred while logging mail to the
archives of the ACMCLUB-L list. An incomplete copy of the message might be
present in the archive file. The list is being held to prevent further
occurrences of this error. Please take corrective action and issue a "FREE
ACMCLUB-L"  command when you want the message to be reprocessed.

No actual error information followed the text above. This immediately
struck me as unusual because the archives for that list have been working
fine for a month and a half, so I know that the archive directory exists
and that LISTSERV has write permissions to the directory. No other lists
have produced this error today, and the drive with our archives on it has
over 500MB free.

On to the log file...

26 Sep 2002 14:55:21 Processing file 16156622 from
26 Sep 2002 14:55:21 Processing mail from [log in to unmask] for
ACMCLUB-L
26 Sep 2002 14:55:21 Digest size limit exceeded, sending special issue...
26 Sep 2002 14:55:21 Reindexing ACMCLUB-L LOG0209...
Load_index: V=0 T=0 size=192k
26 Sep 2002 14:55:21 To   [log in to unmask]: An error occurred while
logging mail  to the archives of the ACMCLUB-L list. (...)
26 Sep 2002 14:55:21 To   [log in to unmask]: An error occurred while
logging mail  to the archives of the ACMCLUB-L list. (...)
26 Sep 2002 14:55:21 To   [log in to unmask]: An error occurred while
logging mail  to the archives of the ACMCLUB-L list. (...)
26 Sep 2002 14:55:21 To   [log in to unmask]: An error occurred while
logging mail  to the archives of the ACMCLUB-L list. (...)
26 Sep 2002 14:55:21 To   [log in to unmask]: An error occurred while
logging mail  to the archives of the ACMCLUB-L list. (...)
26 Sep 2002 14:55:21 Sent information mail to [log in to unmask]
26 Sep 2002 14:55:21 Sent information mail to [log in to unmask]
26 Sep 2002 14:55:21 Sent information mail to [log in to unmask]
26 Sep 2002 14:55:21 Sent information mail to [log in to unmask]
26 Sep 2002 14:55:21 Sent information mail to [log in to unmask]

Next, I checked the digest & archive files; the message is completely and
correctly written to both the digest and archive before it errors out. I
can even see the message while browsing the archives on the web. I tried
removing the archive indices for the list, restarting LISTSERV, then
holding & freeing the list. The archives are correctly re-indexed, but the
same error occurs. I tried moving the .JOBH file, restarting LISTSERV,
putting it back, then holding and freeing the list; 10 minutes later, when
LISTSERV processes the file, the error reoccurs.

jobview shows no visible errors or corruption in the contents .JOBH file.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your consideration.

--
Alex LeDonne
LISTSERV Administration