Jim Cocks <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Apr 1994 10:09:31 EDT
I received a suggestion on the formatting of the INDEX message one
receives when one uses that option that I would like to pass on for
discussion/criticism.  The gist of the request is the message would
be easier to respond to if it were reformatted.  Sound like a good
idea?

Suggestion:
    The format would be easier to handle if the instructions on how to
use the index to get messages were put at the very end, after the index
listings and the Print command lines. A beginner could then page down to
the instructions, then page up to do what was needed. (A sentence at the
beginning, something like "Instructions on how to retrieve messages from
this index are listed at the end of this message" would tell the beginner
what was going on.) The experienced user would not have to page thru the
instructions and would find the index and the print command lines within
easy sight of each other, and this would save a lot of screen re-writes
for those of us who are still [horrors] working with 2400bps modems.

  --Jim Cocks  Univ. of Louisville  <[log in to unmask]>