Bruce Keppler <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Jun 2011 15:09:42 +0000
Thanks for the excellent suggestion.  I have one follow up question before I try this.  I know there are at least 21 messages queued up and ready to be released once I get this list freed.  If my list members get "spammed" with 21 or more messages in rapid succession they are going to scream to be removed from the list.  In a perfect world what I'd like to do is ensure those messages get put in the archives but are not distributed via email.  If that isn't possible then I'd like to just purge them before attempting the solution below.

Is there a way to do either of these things?

Many thanks,

BK

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Liam Kelly
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 12:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: List refusing to be freed

It may be the case that the digest is out of synch with the list archive (for instance, if somebody edited the current notebook archive file).  Try setting the list to:

Digest=No

then free the list again.  If it works, you can set the Digest setting back to what it was before, and LISTSERV will start keeping a new digest.

--
Liam Kelly
Senior Consulting Analyst

Read news, tips, and other information in our 'LISTSERV at Work'
archives at <http://www.lsoft.com/news/newsletter-us.asp>

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1