"James R. Gerland (Postmaster)" <GERLAND@UBVM>
Fri, 06 Mar 87 14:35:48 EST
Last night our systems people were working on RSCSV2, which has been
working ok for a few months now, and they must not have had the links
defined because when I logged in this morning I had 1,239 RDR file which
were transferred to POSTMAST because of an undefined link.  These were
98% INFO-VAX and 2% SF-LOVERS LISTSERV distributions.  As a result I have
these files but they have been MAILERed to POSTMAST so I cannot easily
send them off where they belong.  Any ideas?

Systems also has reduced the 'tag slots' for RSCSV2 because they say it
takes too long for RSCSV2 to reboot.  This causes RSCS to die whenever it is
rebooted after an extended shutdown (we've had modem problems with our link
to UORVM) because INFO-VAX comes in, gets exploded, and floods RSCS.  What is
a good number for tag slots.  We are running on a 3081-GX VM/CMS SP4.2 HPO.
I have very little RSCS knowledge but I think I'm going to have to come up to
speed rather quickly.

Are these common problems or are we doing something wrong?  Thanks.
Jim...