"Kelley, Dave" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 16:08:04 -0800
Hi gang...

I have set up the Web interface using NT and Website Pro.  Everything
works exactly as planned (and it's really cool!!) EXCEPT when it comes
right down to accessing the archive.  All of the indexing does just fine
- but not at the message level.

I get this error:

Error - cannot access archive files

The archive files could not be accessed, probably because they are being
updated. Please try again in about 30 seconds, and report the problem if
it persists for more than a few minutes. The file that could not be
opened is: 'A\collins.log9703' and the error code was 2.

Now, in the case of this list I even set the notebook to point to
d:\listserv\main instead of the standard "A" in the header.  This is
where the archives live.

So, anyone want to point out the really stupid thing I've missed here?
..or something to check.

Thanks!!!

Dave
City of Tempe

P.S. It looks like the "flushing" problem I was having has something to
do with our SMTP server and probably not the list.  It's still sick
though.  But the "flush" happens every time we re-boot the SMTP server
so there's my first clue!!