Annette Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Oct 1995 15:30:39 -0500
Hi everyone,

My name is Annette Thompson and I'm the publisher of the Precious in HIS
Sight - Internet Adoptive Photolisting which is a photolisting of children
available for international adoption at http://nysernet.org/cyber/adoption.
I also maintain the FAQ for Adoptive Parents - Adoption Information on the
Internet listing all adoption related sites on the Internet.

There is a need for and I'm interested in administering an Adoptive Parents
Mailing List. Though there is an adoption list right now it is for all
members of the triad (birthparents, adoptees, and adoptive parents).
However, there is still a need for a safe place for adoptive parents and
prospective adoptive parents to offer each other support and advice. I
already have list of people who would like to subscribe and have shown them
the proposed charter below. It will not be a moderated list because I don't
have time to screen every message.

I need a host site which can allow me to set up a digest version of the list
for people who want to read to read all the messages once a day.

Please contact me via email at [log in to unmask] as I do not frequent the
LSOFT-L list. Thank you for your consideration.

Adoptive Parents Mailing List Proposed Charter - version 1.0

1. The list is open only to those supportive of adoption . The newsgroups
and other adoption mailing lists can be used for debating the worthiness of
adoption.

2. Archives will be maintained and made available to list members. (This is
debabatable)

3. Personal insults and rude behavior to other list members will not be
allowed. The list is for support and encouragement, not fighting.

4. Searching and "looking for a baby" posts are not appropriate for the list
but asking for advice on how to look for a birthmother is ok.

5. Prolife vs prochoice debates are a worthy topic but not appropriate for
the list.

6. Anyone is welcome on the list whether or not they've adopted.

7. Agencies and others who use the list to punish adoptive parents who
critisize them will not be allowed.

8. Discussions about how to adopt and how to deal with adopted children are
appropriate.

9. Agencies and others can post waiting child listings if they wish.

10. The FAQ for Adoptive Parents - Adoption Information on the Internet will
be posted to the list once a month.

9. Individuals who violate the charter (or who have a past history of these
type of postings elsewhere) will be warned once and removed from the mailing
list permanently after the second occurance.

Annette Thompson
Precious in HIS Sight - Internet Adoption Photolisting
http://nysernet.org/cyber/adoption/
Waco Internet Publishing
http://info.acm.org/~annette/