Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 15:19:40 -0400
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:04:15 PDT, "Stephen C. Nill" said:
> Is it possible to store LISTSERV password data in a SQL database?  I'm
> trying to figure out how to give our users a single log-in password -- one
> that can be utilized by LISTSERV as well as by our other web applications.

Probably a Bad Idea in general - consider that the Listserv web stuff is *NOT*
running over https: by default.  As such, if any of your users ever uses it via
a wireless connection, or any of the other myriad ways of snooping (how do you
know that computer in that Internet Cafe/Kiosk isn't hacked with a keystroke
sniffer?), it will be Game Over.

Remember that the *convenience* of "single-signon" directly translates to a
"single hack-in"....