Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:10:10 -0600
On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:42:25 -0700, Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Perhaps "social" is a semantical distinction of no use here, but
>what exactly is a "contribution" to your list(s)?

I believe Amy means  money contribution, as in having the subscribers contribute
some cash for support of the increased License cost (LISTSERV Classic vs.
LISTSERV-Lite) she will incur for providing an increased level of service.  She
wants those willing to pay something extra to have the benefit of the extra
search capabilities while not making the benefit available to those not willing
to pay extra.  Seems pretty straight forward.  Unfortunately, there is no way to
deny the search requests that may come via email while still permitting searches
to happen via WWW.  The question of controlling archives access via WWW has been
addressed.