Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 15:42:52 -0700
On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 15:34:01 -0600, James Morrill <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I thought the listname.autodel file was to keep track of addresses
>*subscribed* to the list but that are bouncing for some reason.

No.  The listname.autodel file tracks all list-related bounces regardless of
whether or not the address is subscribed.  The only time subscription status
is important is when the bounce count setting for that list is reached or
exceeded and LSV tries to delete the non-subscribed address.  LISTSERV has
worked this way for at least the last 10 years, and probably longer.