Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:39:55 -0500
> We too had the signup files issue Margaret writes about when we moved from
> AIX to linux, but haven't seen it on moves between linux boxes.

You will have this problem in two main cases:

1. When moving from big-endian to small-endian hardware, or vice-versa. This
is the case with Linux and AIX.

2. In any scenario involving systems other than Windows and unix, unless the
source and target systems are identical. More generally, there are special
issues when migrating between different operating systems, and rehashing is
only one of them.

  Eric