"Peter M. Weiss" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 15:41:43 EST
In article <[log in to unmask]>, David Young
<[log in to unmask]> says:

>How does one go about causing Listserv (Windows NT version) to generate
>an automatic subscription probe?  I have a list that is looping and I
>can't seem to figure out which subscriber is causing the problem.  Thanks.

How about issuing the LISRSERV commands

SET listname SHORT822 FOR *@*
QUIET SET listname SHORT FOR *@*

The former will generate one LISTSERV notification to each user,
and the latter will reset to what is presumably the default setting
(might screw up certain non-default users) settings.

Alternatively, use LISTSERV DISTRIBUTE MAIL to do a mail-merge
of the REVIEWed output.

/Pete Weiss