Zvika Bar-Deroma <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 8 Aug 1992 16:16:04 IST
Hi,
A while ago you asked about maintaining a "private" list. Do you still
need help with it, or were others faster to respond than I was, and
have already put you on the right track ? Anyway - I'm not a LISTSERV
postmaster, but I do own some lists, including private ones, so if I can
be of help to you - go ahead and ask for it.

On another matter - from your message I read that you are from Boston.
I will arrive to the area (well - to Providence, RI) for a year, and am
looking for something to do during that time. I wonder if you could
glance at the appended "letter of introduction", and maybe help me out
(even by forwarding it to potenitially interested persons).

Regards,
/ZVika

Appended letter:

My  name  is  Zvi Bar-Deroma,  and  I  am  in  charge of  computing  and
communications at the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, at the Technion,
Israel Institute of Technology.

During the next  academic year I will  be on leave from  the Technion. I
will spend a year starting in September 1992 in Providence, RI, where my
wife will  hold a  postdoctoral position at  the Roger  Williams General
Hospital. I am interested in a  position at a computer center or similar
for that period, and hope that you can assist me.

Some personalia:  I hold a B.Sc.  and an M.Sc. in  Aerospace Engineering
from the  Technion. My  professional experience  includes work  with the
following computers  and operating systems:  IBM - VM/HPO and  ESA, MVS,
DEC/VAX (VMS),  UNIX (AIX, BSD,  SunOS, ConvexOS, Ultrix),  DEC/PDP, CDC
(NOS and  NOS/VE) and PC-DOS.  Currently I manage  AIX systems (AIX  3 -
RS/6000,  AIX  1.2 -  PS/2, AIX  2.2.1 -  RT), VMS (a VAXcluster), I am
responsible  for the faculty Ethernet  and I am  considered as the local
mail/networking "guru". In VM I am thought of as a "sophisticated" user,
having worked at the Technion computer center in the past, mostly in VM.
As for programming languages, I have worked with the following: FORTRAN,
REXX, EXEC2, DCl, sh/csh and C.

I will provide letters of recommendation and detailed CV upon request.

Sincerely,
Zvi Bar-Deroma

Zvika Bar-Deroma                                  Phone: (+972)-4-292706
Faculty of Aerospace Engineering,                 Fax  : (+972)-4-231848
Technion
Haifa 32000
Israel

BITNET        :   AER7101@TECHNION
Internet      :   [log in to unmask]
UUCP          :   ...!uunet!pucc.princeton.edu!technion!aer7101