Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 16 Jul 2006 10:58:50 -0400
Thanks John,

I'm certainly going to do all of the things you suggested. I also need to
set up an apache vhost for LISTSERV's web interface for lists.queensu.ca
as management has decided to keep all faculty and staff personal web pages
on post.queensu.ca and move them later. Once they are moved, only LISTSERV
will be running on that box.

There are still going to be some problems. The plan from the networking
group is to mx post.queensu.ca to the new Jes Sun box and they will add
all of the existing LISTSERV mailing list aliases, just not for new
mailing lists created after the change over. I don't want to ask people to
remember new vs old lists, so communication/documentation is going to be
critical. I asked about a "5.x.x...msg" for e-mail coming in with a
"[log in to unmask]" but was told it wasn't possible.

Last week management decided to announce, at the same time, the option for
[log in to unmask] for students. So the project scope continues to
grow and this addition will have some consequences.

Ah, sorry for the ramble -- I'm just trying to make sure I can get as many
bases covered as possible and not cause problems for others (I don't know
if there are still mailers out there that don't follow mx records).

Thanks again for your comments. Much appreciated.

Sincerely, Trish
Queen's University