"Eric W. Tilenius" <EWTILENI@PUCC>
Wed, 24 Feb 88 21:17:57 EST
I've been wondering if it is possible to have the GIVE command respect
mixed case...  I have many people on my list in UUCP, and, as they have
trouble requesting files from LISTSERV sometimes due to their strange
header formats, I offered to send them the files they requested.

However, when I issue the GIVE command like this:

TELL LISTSERV GIVE CURRENT INFO TO [log in to unmask]

It sends out the messages and the files to:

Now, in some cases this works, but many UUCP systems are still case
fussy.  Thus, the mail will be bounced, since gatech doesn't know where
"CODAS" is, but it does know where "codas" is...   Either that, or else
the "!" markers LISTSERV is producing is different.

Can GIVE have an option to respect case?  I though the default for off-BITNET
nodes was case respect...    Any clues?

Thanks,     - ERIC -

*        [log in to unmask]  //  [log in to unmask]                *
*      rutgers!pucc.bitnet!ewtileni  //  princeton!phoenix!ewtileni           *
* ColorVenture - Microcomputer Software - "Because Life isn't Black and White"*