Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 14:16:50 -0600
On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 15:31:52 -0400, Dave <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>We are installing a brand new server with Listserv 14.5 to replace an old
>server running 1.8d.
>
>Since these versions are so far apart I'm afraid I cannot simply copy the
>config files and expect them to work.

Actually, it is a tribute to LISTSERV's backwards compatibility that this
almost certainly will work.  If you have made extensive WWW modifications
under 1.8d, they will still have the 1.8d appearance and will not show the
newer functions/features, but otherwise it should work well.

>Is there a recommended procedure for migrating files from 1.8d to 14.5? I
>scanned the L-Soft technical support website but could not find an answer.

There is a White Paper on this:

  http://www.lsoft.com/resources/wp-movinglistserv.pdf