Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 Sep 2014 22:42:42 -0400
On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 20:04:55 -0600, KC Wise said:

> They say almost 2000 people should get the message but less than 500 are
> getting them.
>

> * Total number of users subscribed to the list:    367
> * Total number of local host users on the list:	  0

> 1) DL-WP-NA-SALES-EXTENDED - number of users subscribed: 281
> 2) DL-TAG-AP-Sales-Extended - number of subscribed: 181
> 3) DL-WP-EMEA-SALES-EXTENDED - number of users subscribed: 354
> 4) DL-TAG-LA-SALES-EXTENDED - number of users subscribed: 279
> 5) DL-TAG-SALESOPS - number of users subscribed: 74
> 6) DL-WP-SLT - number of users subscribed: 23
> 7) DL-WP-MANAGERS - number of users subscribed: 112
> 8) DL-WP-LEGAL-TEAM - number of users subscribed: 13
> 9) DL-TAG-COMPLIANCE-DIRECTORS- number of users subscribed: 7

So the sublists add up to 1324, plus the main list makes a total of
*at most* 1691 - plus duplicate detection gets done on it (for instance,
I'm guessing most member of "LA-Sales" (Los Angeles Office Sales?) may
also be in the NA-Sales (North America Sales?) - which drops the total
by almost 300, and so on.

The way to approach this is to first check the Listserv logs, and see
how many Listserv tried to send out. If it's up in the 1500 or so range,
tell them to take it up with the mail system that Listserv handed the
mail to.

If in fact Listserv only sent out 500 or so, then get a list of a half
dozen or a dozen or so people that *should* have received it, and for each
one, identify which list they *should* have been on, and why they weren't.
You probably have either a broken query that isn't picking up all the
addresses it should, or bad/incomplete data in the database, or a
business process issue that wasn't making sure that HR/whatever records
were updated to make sure people got tagged so their records would be found
by the query....

Hope that helps...