Steven Eichner <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:05:21 -0500
(sorry for the x-posting
Subject: Alternative SMTP servers on Listserv Box

I know this question has already been asked, but I can't seem to find the
answer in the archives.

What alternatives are there for an SMTP service colocated on the Listserv
box? I seem to recall a new one recently being announced.

TIA

-Steve Eichner

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Jackson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 10:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Exchange issues

We curerntly are using LISTSERV-LITE + LSMTP LITE.  When we did our original
install - we had these products installed outside our firewall - at that
time we had only inside and outside environments.  Last fall we implemented
a DMZ - we placed LISTSERV/LSMTP inside the DMZ and broke it.  The routing
was not working.  After many phone calls to our firewall vendor and also to
MS for Exchange support - we were able to get everything running again. The
problem is that anytime anyone makes a change to Exchange, it seems to have
an adverse effect on LISTSERV.

My question then is this - is there a way to configure LISTSERV/LSMTP inside
the DMZ without using Exchange to route mail to and from LISTSERV/LSMTP?

Thanks,

Bob Jackson
Board of Pensions - ELCA
Technical Services Analyst
(612) 752-4098

This e-mail message may contain confidential information.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please delete this copy from your system and
notify the sender (and do not distribute it further).  Thank you.

The LISTSERV-LITE list is hosted on a Windows NT(TM) machine running L-Soft
international's LISTSERV(R) software.  To signoff, send a blank email to
[log in to unmask]  Archives are available
at http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/listserv-lite.html .  For LISTSERV
sales information, see http://www.lsoft.com or write to [log in to unmask]