Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:42:28 -0400
On: Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 04:13:41PM -0500,James Morrill Wrote:

} My boss wants me to ask if anyone has LISTSERV running in an environment
} where it's highly available.  She wants to know if anyones has it
} running on a cluster or redundant copies of everything running on two
} machines that are both available or any other way to make sure that
} hardware or software doesn't make LISTSERV go down.

I will confess to some bias here, but its hard to get a wintel or un*x
box with the reliability of an IBM mainframe system running VM.  However
it would be unlikely to prove cost effective for just listserv unless
you are into hundreds of thousand lists.

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com  + 1 770 563 6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign panix.com    + 1 770 321 6507