F J Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 26 Apr 2013 14:11:33 +0000
HTML.  With V16 there is a BOTTOM_BANNER_HTML that seems to resolve it in testing.  But then, the other seemed fine in testing, so ...

From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Ben Parker [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 12:50 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Mail Template: BOTTOM_BANNER

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 19:22:25 +0000, F J Kelley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>We are still using 1.8d (so this will probably be invalid once we -finally- upgrade).  I've had some requests for disclaimers, acceptable use links, signoff info etc.  All of which would be fine in a Bottom_Banner on a discussion list.

If you setup a bottom banner now, it will still work fine in 16.0.

>However the lists asking for this are either moderated or "announcements only" and in their testing no banners show up.

Then something is wrong with the testing.  bottom banner doesn't care what
kind of list it is.  If you set it at the list level it will work and will
override any site-wide defaults as well.

>I have taked the banners in question and applied them to a test list I have and they work *fine*, so all I have left is the fact these have a somewhat different configuration than the test list.  However, I find nothing in the documentation on this so thought I should ask.

bottom banner has nothing to do with list configuration.  It is controlled in
the listname.MAILTPL which you can easily edit via the WWW interface, yes,
even in 1.8d.